Principal Software Engineer
OPEN JOB POSITION
Principal Software Engineer
This unique hub of vision and creativity leverages open architecture, connectivity, big data, advanced analytics, internet-of-things, edge computing and more, to drive the company forward on its journey towards smart technologies. This is an exciting opportunity in Indianapolis, Indiana for a Senior Software Engineering Principal, where you will be steering the innovation of new experiences for customers.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Provides application or infrastructure technical expertise, analysis and specifications for IT systems to meet business requirements in accordance with IT architecture policies and standards; translate requirements into technical specifications, create detailed solution design, coordinate construction, installation, configuration and testing of IT systems; and identifies, troubleshoots and resolves system technical issues.
- Creates and manages life cycle of technical specifications from which programs and configurations will be applied to create the application, infrastructure or complete solution.
- Assists in technical analysis of potential solutions including evaluating the technical fit and viability of commercial-of-the-shelf products versus custom built solution.
- Delivers solution adhering to standards and leveraging re-use of components.
- Creates high level and detail design of infrastructure OR applications, interfaces, conversions, extensions, reports, and workflows while meeting architecture, security, performance, scalability, and maintainability requirements.
- Assists technical and infrastructure groups in understanding the solution design and specifications.
- Works closely with IT technical service providers to ensure outsourced work packages are delivered to specifications, meeting key parameters of quality, schedule, cost, security, performance, and scalability.
- Conducts or participates in formal design reviews and code reviews (where applicable) to ensure the detailed design specifications have been understood and coding standards have been adhered to by the development team(s).
- 10+ years professional experience in software development
- 1-3 years of experience in an Agile software engineering shop
- Expertise in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis.
- Ability to produce bullet-proof code that is fault-tolerant, efficient and maintainable.
- Experience developing Cloud-based solutions
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Understanding of SDLC best practices and project planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling
- Knowledge of best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
This is one of the best-paying corporations; compensation includes a very competitive salary, annual bonus, and excellent benefits
The company is a highly-respected, major corporations, that is committed to creating new technology to fuel its growth; technologies may include Big Data, IoT, open architectures, etc. If you are excited about leading-edge technology, you must investigate this. Please get in touch.