Senior Software Engineer
OPEN JOB POSITION
Senior Software Engineer
This is a terrific opportunity for Senior Software Engineers who enjoy creating new products and solutions to business needs. You will work with state-of-the-art technologies designing new systems for one of Indiana’s premier corporations. If you consider yourself to be a truly professional software developer, and want a very rewarding career with excellent long-term growth, please investigate this opportunity
Working in an Agile environment, you will be a senior member of development teams. Although the product needs are diverse, extra emphasis is placed on applications that involve internet-of-things (iOT) and data analytics.
- Designing and developing production quality software from technical requirements.
- Leading the design, configuration, and support of critical software applications.
- Participating in the software quality assurance and secure code testing of your products.
- Participate in the review of code of peers.
- Recommend on-going software improvement standards.
Additional responsibilities may involve:
- Performance tuning
- Data modeling
- Solution configuration
- Customer/user relationships
Software professionals are always learning new tools; we are not hung up on your specific language background, as long as you have a solid comprehension of Object Oriented theory and programming concepts. The environment uses numerous tools, and is primarily Java centric.
You will be asked to explain your experience in:
- Object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis.
- Ability to produce bullet-proof code that is fault-tolerant, efficient and maintainable.
- Experience developing Cloud-based solutions (preferably AWS, but Azure is fine, too)
Additionally, you should be able to discuss:
- Test Driven Development and Simple Design.
- Modern Agile methodologies such as SCRUM, TDD and XP.
- Creating or being part of creating high availability large volume systems
This is one of the best-paying corporations; compensation includes a very competitive salary, annual bonus, and excellent benefits.
This is one of the most exciting technology opportunities in Indiana today! We will send you detailed information for your review.
Some key points:
- The company takes an extremely strong approach to employee welfare and security.
- It has a long history of being a leader in diversity and human rights.
- The projects are very state-of-the-art, and often global.
- You will work with other professionals like yourself, and have the potential for continued upward mobility